Mustwall is a 10mm thick acoustic...
Mustwall is a 10mm thick acoustic insulation panel used in high performance party wall soundproofing.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Party walls can be insulated using Mustwall panels. Whether your house is timber frame or block built, different treatments or build ups can be used to achieve significant increases in acoustic insulation. Using the Mustwall system, space lost from a room can be minimised. Below, soundproofing using Mustwall and both a timber and metal stud are illustrated along with their associated acoustic performances.
1. Lay strip of Stywall Acoustic Wall Isolation Strip on the floor.
2. Construct a 50mm metal stud or 75mm timber stud wall independent of the existing party wall.
3. You should ensure that no part of the new stud touches the face of the party wall.
4. Use a strip of Stywall Isolation Strip at the sides and on top of the stud where it comes into contact with walls and ceilings.
5. Fill inside the stud with a high density mineral wool (60kg/m3). This material is commonly available from most builders merchants.
6. Fix the Mustwall Soundproofing Panels to the timber frame. You can either apply a single or a double layer.
7. The Mustwall panels should be butted tightly together and sealed with Stik Adhesive Tape.
8. Trim the Stywall Isolation Strip to meet the extent of the Mustwall panels.
9. Next up, fix two layers of standard 12.5mm plasterboard. Stagger the joints between the two layers.
10. Leave a 5mm gap around the perimeter of the wall and fill this with Acoustic Sealant.
11. The soundproofed wall can be finished by plaster skimming or as desired.
12. Skirting board should can be fixed with a panel adhesive or plasterboard screws.
13. Leave a gap between skirting board and the floor and fill with acoustic sealant.
Rw ( Airborne Sound Transmission Loss) - 63.5dB
Rw ( Airborne Sound Transmission Loss) - 64dB