Direct to wall 33mm thick sound...
Direct to wall 33mm thick sound insulation panel, composed of a 20mm-thick acoustic panel and a 12.5mm thick plasterboard slab.
In Stock 18th August 2017
Warning: Last items in stock!
33mm thick acoustic insulation panels, composed of a 20mm-thick acoustic panel and a 12.5mm thick plasterboard slab. The soundproofing panels are 1.00m wide x 1.20m high. Mustwall 33B is designed for use when space is at a premium - remember you only lose 50mm in total when the complete system is installed.
1. Lay strip of Stywall 45 Acoustic Isolation Strip on floor.
2. Fix Mustwall 33B to the existing wall using Mustwall plastic fixings.
3. Fix strips of Stywall 45 to Mustwall 33B as per data sheet.
4. Fix layer of 12.5mm plasterboard to Mustwall 33B using Fix All adhesive.
5. Stagger the joints between the two layers.
6. Leave a 5mm gap around walls and fill with acoustic sealant.
7. The wall can be finished by plaster skimming or as desired.
8. Skirting board should be fixed with glue or plasterboard screws. If using screws ensure that they do not bridge the insulation layer.
9. Leave a gap between skirting board and the floor.
10. This gap can be filled with acoustic sealant.
Using the Mustwall 33B thin wall soundproofing system an Rw figure of 59dB can be achieved based on a standard 215mm block party wall. The system is easy to fit - requiring very liitle DIY experience.