Tecsound SY70 is a dense, polymer-based, asphalt-free, viso-elastic soundproofing membrane, that provides excellent acoustic insulation in different building elements particularly stud walls and partitions. It has a self-adhesive backing which will bond to a wide variety of surfaces.
Tecsound SY70 is a self adhesive soundproofing product used in lightweight walls and ceilings. It’s unique visco-elastic properties combined with high mass provides excellent sound insulation properties. Use Tecsound SY70 as a sandwich layer between two layers of plasterboard, OSB or Plywood to greatly improve soundproofing performance. Tecsound SY70 weighs 7.0kg per m2 at only 3.5mm thickness. 6.16m2 per roll.
• Adds mass to surfaces thus increasing sound insulation
• High sound damping capacity on metal surfaces
• High flexibility
• Adaptable to uneven and irregular surfaces
• Easy to apply
• Self adhesive – particularly suitable for vertical and overhead situations
• Cold and heat resistant
• Excellent ageing resistance
• Soundproofing against airborne noise in vertical walls with low surface density (lightweight partition walls or boards made of different materials).
• Soundproofing against airborne noise in ceilings and lightweight roofs
• Reduction of impact noise level in all types of floors, sandwiched between floor slabs and loose-laid flooring.
• Damping of impact noise caused by rain or hail on metal decks.
• Combined with sound-absorbent materials, it offers products with high acoustic performance.
• Can be used to dampen resonance on the thin metal bodywork of cars and other types of machinery.